TeePublic, the world’s fastest growing community of independent artists & designers is seeking a motivated, creative front end engineer.
TeePublic was founded in 2013 by the team behind Vimeo, College Humor and BustedTees and quickly grew, generating 100mn in revenue over the following 5 years across millions of unique, user generated designs. In 2018 TeePublic was acquired by Redbubble the market leader in online, independent art. The group combined is the largest e-commerce marketplace for independent art in the world.
- Create a style guide and shared visual language for product, design, and development teams.
- Craft responsive, mobile-first web applications with a heavy emphasis on in-browser performance across a variety of devices.
- Maintain and accelerate TeePublic’s use of modern front end technologies.
- Actively contribute to our Marketplace team with ideas and solutions to constantly improve the lives of our designers and customers.
Experience and Skills
- Experience using CSS libraries like Bootstrap while also comfortable writing organized and modular CSS from scratch.
- Experience collaborating with designers and Back End developers to bring mockups to life in a production environment.
- Strong understanding of browser compatibility and performance optimization.
- Understanding of web application performance concerns from backend to browser.
- Experience with Git, Github, and Front End tooling like Gulp or Webpack.
- Previous experience with Rails, Postgres, Heroku, and AWS.
- Experience leveraging view caches to drive performance.
- Previous work on internationalization efforts.
- Familiarity with BEM, SMACCS, OOCSS, or other strategies that attempt to bring order to a large and changing codebase.
- Experience or interest in TDD (Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, Jest, rspec, or equivalent) and code linting.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a UI Developer.